Duration of contract:
1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
May require infrequent trips to other FIT offices
Full time position (%FTE):
Full-time (100% FTE)
Friends for International TB Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of TB prevention and care service delivery, research, technical assistance, and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programmes and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, USAID, US CDC, CDC Foundation, and other donor agencies. We also have multiple active research partnerships with academic institutions, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK and the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT has represented civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead-up to and during the United Nations High-Level Meeting on TB in New York City. For more information, please visit www.tbhelp.org.
- Manage and supervise all financial and accounting operations;
- Provide comptrollership functions, financial planning and structure;
- Oversee maintenance of Chart of Accounts for FIT;
- Oversee the reconciliation of general ledger accounts;
- Establish and supervise cash controls, monitoring of spending, and take corrective actions as necessary;
- Coordinate, analyze, and report the financial performance to Management (financial performance, projections, and other special projects as required);
- Serve as a focal point on all matters related to finance and accounting for the board of directors, the management team, and other key stakeholders;
- Manage the payroll system in order to ensure all staff are paid on a timely and accurate basis;
- Develop, implement and maintain finance and accounting policies and procedures of the organization;
- Oversee the preparation of project budgets to be included in grant applications and the establishment of new projects in the accounting system;
- Oversee all audit activities including the high-level coordination of external auditors for statutory and donor requirements of organizational and project audits;
- Evaluate the performance of and provide training and development opportunities for subordinate team members in the finance and accounting department;
- Supervise the preparation and review of asset, liability, and capital account entries;
- Ensure compliance and quality control of financial systems and all transactions according to FIT’s policies;
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures;
- Supervise and ensure the reconciliation of any financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information and other documentation;
- Interface with staff on pre-award reviews, banking issues, and country office/project start-up and financial closeouts;
- Liaise with international donor agencies for all financial matters;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS / BA in Accounting or Finance or related field, AND a minimum of 10 years combined experience in accounting and financial management;
- Experience and knowledge of non-profit and donor funded grants, contracting and auditing standards is a plus;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices;
- Budget development skills with multi funding sources and general ledger skills;
- Relevant software skills to include common accounting software and database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems;
- Fluent in Vietnamese with excellent working knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Attention to detail;
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams;
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame.
Fluent in Vietnamese with excellent working knowledge of written and spoken English
Applications should include:
- A cover letter written in English
- An up-to-date, detailed Curriculum Vitae in English
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, and Email Address)
- All applicants are requested to highlight their experience managing and motivating teams of people either in their CV and cover letter
How to submit an application:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: “Application for Senior Finance & Accounting Manager”
- No later than 28 February 2022
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.