Duration of contract:
Daily travel throughout the province where located; infrequent travel for knowledge sharing and training within Viet Nam. Candidates need to own a motorbike and be willing to drive to visit participating healthcare providers.
Full time position (%FTE):
Local, Full Time (100% FTE)
Hue, Thanh Hoa, Long An and Ba Ria-Vung Tau
Friends for International Tuberculosis Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care service delivery, technical assistance, advocacy and research.
FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. We now have office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. FIT work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programs and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNITAID and Johnson & Johnson. We have also had multiple active research partnerships, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK, the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands, and Ceres Nanosciences and SureAdhere Mobile Technology in the United States. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP) and other local and international partners, we are building a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across seven cities in Viet Nam (Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Ho Chi Minh and Can Tho). In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. As part of this program, we are intensively engaging healthcare providers outside of the NTP network who are providing TB services. We are working to improve transparency and the quality of care for TB treatment in these non-NTP healthcare providers.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated PPM Officers to support our project activities. This is a field-based, not office-based position. Over 80% of the employee’s time will be spent in the community.
For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
Build and manage network of healthcare providers outside of the NTP network
- Build a diverse portfolio of actively referring healthcare providers outside of the NTP network, including: physicians, pharmacists, private-sector hospitals, occupational health screening companies, and X-ray facilities
- Establish relationships with healthcare providers outside of the NTP network or clinics to persuade them to cooperate with the project;
- Ensure that agreements are signed and up to date with participating health facilities;
- Regularly visit private healthcare facilities to manage and maintain the relationship with the provider or the clinic;
- Update the customized customer relationship management (CRM) software with information about activities completed and any issues or concerns of healthcare providers outside of the NTP network;
- Conduct training for the enrolled providers on TB knowledge, TB screening procedures and both electronic and paper data collection tool;
- Trouble-shoot and discuss any problems with healthcare providers outside of the NTP network, while reporting the issues to the employee’s line manager and documenting the problem in the CRM;
- Ensure that clinics are provided with materials for the promotion of the project.
Facilitate referrals for TB testing
- Track screening data through the new PPM modules of the Access to Care Information System (ACIS);
- Promote referrals to low-performing clinics and encourage continued participation among high-performing clinics;
- Facilitate engagement and referrals using a social network targeting public and private sector pharmacists;
- Assist the PPM Manager to establish screening and referral from hospitals outside of the NTP’s network;
- Coordinate with occupational health screening companies to collect data on abnormal chest X-rays and facilitate testing of these individuals;
- Visit X-ray facilities and collect X-ray vouchers and X-ray results;
- Follow Ministry of Health guidelines for sputum collection and transportation;
- Transfer sputum samples for testing to public-sector laboratories;
- Provide testing results to patients and their doctors.
Support notification of TB treatment in the healthcare providers outside of the NTP network
- Collect notification data from healthcare providers outside of the NTP network who are treating TB in the healthcare providers outside of the NTP network, in collaboration with the PPM Manager;
- Collect sputum for bacteriological confirmation of TB from individuals who have been enrolled on TB treatment and deliver samples to participating laboratories for testing;
- Enter data about notification and sputum testing into electronic data system;
- Support the M&E team in data verification of notification data.
- Support patient registration at a District TB Unit if the patient decides to take treatment with the NTP;
- Provide educational materials to TB patients and their doctors to improve understanding of the disease;
- Link patients to appropriate counselling if any questions or concerns arise.
- Support patients to register in research projects;
- Coordinate with the M&E and Research team to introduce operational research studies to the private health providers and secure their participation;
- Conduct surveys and collect feedback.
- Submit at least weekly reports to the PPM Manager;
- Participate in weekly meetings on progress to targets;
- Assist with the organization of quarterly networking events for healthcare providers outside of the NTP network;
- Support all aspects of project implementation as requested.
- College’s degree, open for inexperienced candidates
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work out of working hours
- Good working attitude, dynamic personality and the ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented and with the ability to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word, Excel, email and other kind of social network
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Vietnamese.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter written in Vietnamese or English
- An up-to-date, detailed Curriculum Vitae including a recent picture
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, and Email Address)
How to submit an application:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.