Duration of contract:
One year (with possibility of extension based on performance and funds availability)
Travel throughout the province where located; infrequent travel for knowledge sharing and training within Viet Nam.
Full time position (%FTE):
Full Time (100% FTE)
Friends for International Tuberculosis Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care service delivery, technical assistance, advocacy, and research.
FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. We now have office-based staff working across five cities in Viet Nam. FIT works in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programs and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, UNITAID, and Johnson & Johnson. We have also had multiple active research partnerships, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK, the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden, the KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation in the Netherlands, and Ceres Nanosciences and SureAdhere Mobile Technology in the United States. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP) and other local and international partners, we are building a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across seven cities in Viet Nam (Ha Noi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Quang Nam, Quang Ngai, Ho Chi Minh, and Can Tho). In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children, and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. As part of this program, we are intensively engaging healthcare providers outside of the NTP network who are providing TB services. We are working to improve transparency and the quality of care for TB treatment in these non-NTP healthcare providers.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for a highly qualified, independent, experienced and motivated PPM Manager.
For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
- Manage and maintain relationships with healthcare providers outside of the NTP network and persuade them to cooperate with the project.
- Build a diverse portfolio of actively referring and/or notifying private providers, including physicians, pharmacists, private-sector hospitals, occupational health screening companies, and X-ray facilities, HIV screening.
- Continuously improve engagement strategies.
- Trouble-shoot and resolve any problems with private providers.
- Ensure up-to-date and complete reporting of field activities through a customized customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Supervise the distribution of monetary and non-monetary incentives for the participating providers.
Management of staff
- Directly supervise the work output of PPM Officers.
- Set a positive working environment and work to maintain the morale of the team.
- Supervise recruitment and the maintenance of relationships with healthcare providers outside of the NTP network.
- Mentor PPM Officers in relationship management.
- Monitor entries in the CRM software from the PPM Officers and provide regular feedback on work outputs and work optimization.
Supervision of field activities
- Oversee TB screening activities in at participating non-NTP providers whether at the offices of a physician, a pharmacy, a hospital, an occupational health screening company or an X-ray facility.
- Maximize referrals of persons with suspected TB for testing.
- Ensure referrals of suspected TB cases receive appropriate diagnostic testing.
- Supervise the collection of diagnostic testing data from public facilities.
- Coordinate registration of TB patients found outside of the NTP network.
- Supervise patient enrolment through the project.
- Increase notifications of TB cases treated by participating providers outside of the NTP network.
- Conduct operational research and facilitate engagement and referrals using a social network targeting healthcare providers outside of the NTP network.
Monitoring and evaluation & reporting
- Verify referral and notification data collected in the community.
- Collaborate with the M&E team to solve data problems and ensure the complete capture of project data in the PPM modules of the Access to Care Information System (ACIS);
- Coordinate (re)trainings of PPM Officers on the use of electronic data collection tools.
- Provide capacity building to PPM Officers on data collection best practices.
- Draft monthly narrative reports on activities for donors.
- Review and edit quarterly narrative and technical reports for donors.
- Assist with procurement of supplies for the project.
- Assist in all aspects of the implementation of the interventions of the grant.
- Other activities requested by FIT Directors.
- Experience with engaging the public and private health sector.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Leadership skills, good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and computer-based communications.
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, service-oriented, and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame.
- Willing to engage with private providers at their convenience, which may be outside of normal working hours.
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as pharmacy, public health, social development, science, or related fields.
- Experience working in public health programs.
- Marketing and sales experience preferred
Fluency in Vietnamese. Good working knowledge of written and spoken English.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter written in English
- An up-to-date, detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, and Email Address)
How to submit an application:
- By e-mail to email@example.com
- Subject: “Application for PPM Manager in Hanoi”
- Deadline: 15 October 2021
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.