Duration of contract:
1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
Full time position (%FTE):
Full-time (100% FTE)
Friends for International TB Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of TB prevention and care service delivery, research, technical assistance and advocacy. FIT is a young, dynamic and growing organization. We work in close collaboration with Provincial and National TB Programmes and other in-country partners to implement projects funded by the Stop TB Partnership’s TB REACH initiative, USAID, US CDC, CDC Foundation and other donor agencies. We also have multiple active research partnerships with academic institutions, including with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine in the UK and the Karolinska Institutet in Sweden. FIT staff have supported the implementation of other TB programs in South and Southeast Asia, and represented Viet Nam at multiple regional and international forums on TB technical assistance. Finally, FIT has represented civil society organizations from Viet Nam at regional events and at multiple events in the lead up to and during the United Nations High Level Meeting on TB in New York City. For more information, please visit www.tbhelp.org.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Disburses payments by recording entry; verifying documentation;
- Charges expenses to accounts and projects by analyzing invoice/expense claims; recording entries;
- Pays suppliers/vendors by preparing checks/payment slips; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation;
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports/claims and requests for advances; preparing payment vouchers;
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and entering account transactions; and files the accounting vouchers and documents according to organisation’s policies and donor’s requirements.
- Ensure compliance and quality control of financial systems and all transactions according to policies;
- Reconcile any financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information and other documentation;
- Support the preparation of monthly payroll and health/social insurance payments.
- Arrange and follow up with the preparation, submission, and filing of staff’s monthly timesheets.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures;
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Other work assigned by the immediate supervisor or the Management Team, as and when necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience working in accounting or finance in project management;
- Experience in accounting software;
- Detail-oriented with exacting standards to maintain accuracy and impartiality in all work products;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Vietnamese language;
- Ability to balance numerous tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MS Excel;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams.
Fluent in Vietnamese. Knowledge of English would be an asset, but is not a requirement.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter written in English
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- At least two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
How to submit an application:
- By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject ‘Application for Accountant in Hanoi’
- No later than 15 October 2021
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.